Marlin 5 is a trail-worthy daily rider that's perfectly suited for everyday adventures, on and off the trail. A front suspension fork with 100mm of travel, 21 speeds, and mounts for a rack and kickstand make it an ideal choice for new trail riders or anyone looking for a comfortable, stable commuter with the ruggedness of a real mountain bike.
It's right for you if...
You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at a great value, with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
The heart of Marlin 6 is a lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame with internal derailleur routing. It has 24 speeds, a wide-range cassette so you can always find the right gear for your terrain, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes, and a 100mm suspension fork with a lockout feature—that's the same amount of travel favored by most cross-country racers.
The final word
Performance features like suspension lockout, stronger double-walled rims, and hydraulic disc brakes. It's also equipped with rack and kickstand mounts and a wider range of gears. These design details make it a great choice if your mountain bike doubles as your commuter.
- Lots of gears so you can cover a lot of ground fast, without ever pedaling too easy or too hard
- Smaller frame sizes (13.5-inch and 15.5-inch) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- It has separate brake and shift levers (a feature that's common on more expensive mountain bikes) so you can fine-tune the positioning for comfort
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal derailleur, dropper post and brake routing, chainstay brake mount, rack & kickstand mount, G2 Geometry on 29ers|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCT 30 HLO, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5: 80mm travel)|
|Headset||1-1/8-inch threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings|
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled|
|Hubs||Front: Formula DC20 alloyRear: Formula DC22 alloy|
|Tires||Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20-inch front, 29x2.0-inch rear (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20-inch)|
|Crankset||Shimano Tourney TY501|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed cartridge, 73mm|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Altus M313|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano HG200, 12-32, 8 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M310, 8 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width (13.5: 690mm width)|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Comp|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible|
|Brakes||Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (13.5 & 15.5: Tektro HD-276 short reach lever)|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Seat Post||Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Matte Trek Black / 19.5-inch / 29-inch||601479853083||565142||MAR26204390K|